The Old Man And The Sea- Thinking Activity
This post is in response to the questions asked here
Answer to questions 1,2, 3, 5, and 6:
I believe that struggles are a part of human of life. Accordingly, there are people who like to share their troubles with others and try to search for a solution for the same. While there are people who choose to handle their issues on their own, without mentioning or sharing the same with others, or sharing only when they feel like doing so. I belong to the second class of people and therefore often choose not to share my struggles with anyone until and unless it is really necessary to do so. Therefore, I hope you'll respect my decision of not answering these questions.
4) Lions are not just symbols of strength but also of pride. For the old man therefore they function as a source of strength and on the other, function as something which fuels his ego of being the best fisherman while he was young.
7) As I've expressed earlier, facing failures is a part of everyone's life. The question however, is why does the failure of the old man affect our reading and understanding of the novel. Does the plot of the novel, on a fundamental level, serve as an inspirational story for people to keep on moving even after facing failure? I prefer asking these questions while analyzing the novel. And so far haven't been able to come up with an answer. Replacing myself with the old man probably would lead me to have a very subjective understanding of the novel which I prefer not to do.
Answer to questions 1,2, 3, 5, and 6:
I believe that struggles are a part of human of life. Accordingly, there are people who like to share their troubles with others and try to search for a solution for the same. While there are people who choose to handle their issues on their own, without mentioning or sharing the same with others, or sharing only when they feel like doing so. I belong to the second class of people and therefore often choose not to share my struggles with anyone until and unless it is really necessary to do so. Therefore, I hope you'll respect my decision of not answering these questions.
4) Lions are not just symbols of strength but also of pride. For the old man therefore they function as a source of strength and on the other, function as something which fuels his ego of being the best fisherman while he was young.
7) As I've expressed earlier, facing failures is a part of everyone's life. The question however, is why does the failure of the old man affect our reading and understanding of the novel. Does the plot of the novel, on a fundamental level, serve as an inspirational story for people to keep on moving even after facing failure? I prefer asking these questions while analyzing the novel. And so far haven't been able to come up with an answer. Replacing myself with the old man probably would lead me to have a very subjective understanding of the novel which I prefer not to do.
Comments
Post a Comment